Ministry Partnership takes many forms.
The purpose of this page is to connect those who have chosen or are considering partnership with me in my ministry with Wycliffe some resources for how to do that.
I’m now using a digital form as a way to collect contact information from you and as a way for you to define the media through which you receive my updates.
I would be remiss if I didn’t say that part of this partnership is the friendship that not only extends hospitality but receives it. I really do believe that partnership is most effective when it is truly partnership and not simply “support.” I relish the opportunities to pray for those on my partnership team and to hang out with people without any sort of agenda. I’m honored when some of you invite me into the mundane parts of your lives. Many of you give me a great gift when your partnership in minsitry includes friendship that shares the unremarkable moments of life and, in the sharing, makes life remarkable.
One expression of partnership that is difficult to measure or define, but which I am absolutly convinced is the heart and soul of patnership = PRAYER. Those who pray for me and for my ministry with Wycliffe use a variety of resources to guide them.
- the content of this blog along with the things I share on Facebook or through Twitter (I’m on FB often and Twitter rarely)
- specific prayer requests shared in periodic email updates , newsletters, and via the Pray4Me tab on this blog
- prayer guildlines based in Scripture and the challenges that missionaries face
I also love when those who pray for me share challenges as well as blessings with me, giving me the opportunity to pray for them as well.
As a Wycliffe missionary, I do not receive a guaranteed salary for the work I do with Wycliffe. My income is dependent on the generosityof friends and churches. If you would like to support me either regularly or by making a one-time gift, you can do so in any one of the following ways:
- send a check (payable to Wycliffe Bible Translators) to Wycliffe with a note attached indicating that the donation is for the ministry of Ruth Hubbard [Wycliffe | PO Box 628200 | Orlando, FL 32862-8200
- call 1-800-WYCLIFFE, indicate to the operator that you’re calling to make a donation, and then use a credit card (I’ll cover the fees for that transation) or make an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) — in addition, you can set up a recurring EFT while on the phone
- donate online (credit card or EFT, just like on the phone)by responding to an official INVITATION TO PARTNERSHIP on Wycliffe’s website that includes a way for you to response to that invitation — indicating your commitment to one-time or ongoing partnership through prayer, advocacy, sharing resources, etc.
In addition to making financial donations toward my salary, some people share resources in others ways. Over the years I’ve had people bless me by picking up the check at lunch or dinner, providing access to vacation housing at no cost, lending a bed or a car when I’m “in town” or taking me on a bit of a wardrobe update shopping spree. Truly extraordinary, humbling, and affirming generosity.